Arnaud Déchelle brings a distinctive viewpoint to his work, combining his architectural and multidisciplinary background. With 20 years experience, he can cover the whole process of design development of exhibitions and museums, from early concept and master-plan to detail design and creative direction during the implementation. He can also provide support for the development of the content and interpretation strategies underpinning narrative exhibitions.
Déchelle apporte un point de vue distinct de part ses qualifications en architecture et scénographie. Avec 20 ans d'expérience, il peut offrir un service complet pour le développement d'
expositions et de musées, depuis les premiers concepts et le master-plan j'usqu'au design et la direction créative durant la construction. Il peut également aider au développement du contenu et des strategies d'interprétation qui sous-tendent les expositions narratives.
Creative Director Founder of studioDiem Freelance Creative Consultant and Interpretive Designer for Exhibitions and Museums - 2011 - On going
Lecturer at Lincoln University for the course in Design for Exhibition and Museums - 2013 - On going
Senior Designer at Event Communications ltd - 1997 - 2011 - London
Associate Lecturer for the Master of Arts in Narrative Environments - Central St Martins - University of the Arts 2005 - 2010 - London
Project Architect at Odile Deck et Benoit Cornette Architectes 1994 - Paris - France
Conferences and Academic Papers
- 'Chaos at the Museum 2016' Participant in this workshop based conference rethinking and challenging the role of museums today with a real intervention in the city of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 'Virtual History', an introduction to a session as chairman for the 'Jewish Heritage. Projects, Methods, Inspirations' conference at the POLIN, Museum of the History of Polish Jews, 8 to 10 June 2016
- 'When Stories become History, the use of personal testimonies in historical exhibitions', a paper presented at ‘New Museums, New Collections' a conference at the Museum of the History of Polish Jews, 2013, ‘Remembering in a Globalizing World: The Play and Interplay of Tourism, Memory, and Place’, Chambon Sur Lignon, France, 2014, 'The Inclusive Museum, Museums as civic spaces' conference in New Delhi, 2015, and 'The Future of Museum and Gallery Design' conference in Hong Kong, 2015
- Paper entitled ‘Not another Holocaust Museum’ presented at the Peace Conference 2013 in Wageningen, The Netherlands, 2013
- ‘Amy Winehouse, A Family Portrait’, author of one chapter to a publication by the Jewish Museum London about the exhibition ‘Amy Winehouse, A Family Portrait’, published in April 2014
Architect Diploma with Honours Diplome d'Architecte de l'École Nationale Supèrieure des Arts et Industries de Strasbourg - Strasbourg - France - 1993
Post Graduate Degree in Art Theory and Architecture Certificat d'Etudes Appronfondies en Art et Architecture de l'École d’Architecture de Paris Villemin - Paris - France - 1994